Thursday, February 4, 2010

Digital Archeological Digs: Discovery #1


First discovery to kick of the new year/decade. Actually this was a late 2009 discovery, but it slipped my mind until after the new year. Now, I'm an avid Marvin fan borderline groupie if the man was still with us today, so I didn't really pay Stevie any mind. Now before I get cursed out, Innervisions is my ish as well as many other tracks, but I was on this "Marvin is the greatest! Hand down! There ain't no need to listen to no one else!"

BUT...

I'm on my way home from a late night Kwanzaa shindig, and my girl Thicks' man had Stevie softly playing in the background, and at that moment, my musical ear was fiendin for future fixes once I got home and to the nearest sound device. Once I gave the entire album a listen, my ear buds melted like cold vanilla ice cream on steamy dutch apple pie.

I was like...DAMN THIS ALBUM IS GORGEOUS!! WHY AM I JUST DISCOVERING THIS?!

The album that wooed me: Fulfullingness' First Finale (1974)

Check out Minnie, Nicey Williams, and Syreeta supplying the soft yet sultry soprano voices not to mention the mellow instrumentation and singin from Stevie. Even the breakup songs are amazing! And this brings me to the point the R&B IS DEAD!!! Yet, too many people rufuse to accept this painful fact. But that's a whole different post...dont you all worry!

The Alluring 3:






0 word droppings: