Saturday, March 28, 2009
Tracks I'm Feelin':
- "89 of Crimes"
- "Ticket 4 2"
- "After the Marv"
Check the album out on your own time... see if you feelin' it.
This has to be one of the ILLEST love pieces ever written! I didn't fall in love, I had a serious mind collision with it.PS- Did I mention the author will be at my school April 2?!
I Wrote A Good Omelet by Nikki Giovanni
I wrote a good omelet...and ate
a hot poem... after loving you
Buttoned my car...and drove my
coat home...in the rain...
after loving you
I goed on red...and stopped on
green...floating somewhere in between...
being here and being there...
after loving you
I rolled my bed...turned down
confused but...I don't care...
Laid out my teeth...and gargled my
gown...then I stood
...and laid me down...
after loving you
(poem via Afro Poets)
Sunday, March 22, 2009
I'm leaning towards Einstein, Thoreau, or possibly Shakespeare
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Where: Ohio Theater in Soho
Who: Written by Eisa Davis (Niece of Angela Davis)
Why: It's gonna be a riveting experience all for 20 bucks that's WHY!
Just peep the mixtape's intro!!!
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Dig this--- The dude was bumpin his classical music like some of us youngins with our rap music! He was just smilin as he was keeping abreast of the latest news in stocks and economic meltdown while bumpin his classical composition mixtape--- such an ill moment. Go 'head sir!
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
88 Keys feat. Kanye West "Stay Up (Viagra)"
This video is so obnoxious but I'm feelin it!
Wow this problem is on pandemic status that it has a hip-hop video?! haha
Check it out
video via Senor Kaos' Blog
Monday, March 16, 2009
Maybe it's my Jill Scott bias but usually anything that she is involved with is AMAZING!
This is one of the rare instances where mysteries catch my eye but the plot, characters, and actors are great. Oh and have I mentioned that I now wanna travel to Botswana now?!
March 29. 8PM. 2 Pilot. I'M WATCHING IT,WATCHING IT, WATCHING IT!!!
What a nice way to end this great month dedicated to... US!
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
1. HOW DID I MISS THIS?!
2. WHY AM I SO LATE IN DISCOVERING THIS?!
3. WHO ELSE HAS SEEN THIS AND DID NOT INFORM ME?!
So this piece, City of God's Son, is a Kenzo Digital joint. It takes mash ups to a higher level. This is a digital collage of the reign of 90s NYC hip-hop, snippets from epic films particularly crime that coincide with the concept of "gangster". It focuses on the relationship between father and son, music and art, inspiration and subtle and "sound and space". Not to mention Joe Bataan is the narrator!
The clip below is the trailer... definitely check that out.
Also stop past the website and read Kenzo Digital's take on his dope project and download the free "film for the blind".
Sunday, March 8, 2009
rock my new straightforward levi's jeans
choose from an array of uplifting pullovers
then spit a prayer hoping
the coherence of confidence in
my inner outfit's appearance
will spark a long lasting trend
amongst all of us WOMEN!
ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW... GO 'HEAD GIRL!!!
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Honestly the movie was not as bad as the ignorant inconsiderate crowd was making it out to be. But with any movie, I have to watch this again without a doubt in the comfort and silence of my own crib to fully appreciate it. Even though I didn't read the novel, I knew the premise of the story plus my homie read it and wanted to check it out.
Here's a look back on last night's experience:
1. There's a reason why I rarely go to the movies let alone go on opening weekend: PEOPLE DON'T KNOW HOW TO ACT!!!
2. I was ready to become very un-Mel O. towards all the loud mouths who felt it necessary to point out Mr. Manhattan being naked! Obviously they didn't read the novel b/c they would have known this already!
3. I'm still laughing at my friend who found the comedian's uber masculinity "sexy"
4. THOSE WERE THE DOPEST OPENING CREDITS I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!
5. I will admit, the last 20 mins were pretty pointless. I was ready to leave once Rorschach died.
6. My friend and I pointed out that though the film stuck to most of the book's plot, the movie tried to cater to everyone through the violence, deep message, and sex which was a bit much to grasp
7. I had to change my seat b/c I was sitting next to 2 racist pricks who were making so many ignorant comments about black people but why be mad at them? My friend and I were doing the same thing to an extent.
8. Is it just me or does that movie with Seth Rogen look like a knock off Paul Blart?
9. Richard Nixon's nose was AWFUL... but seriously could you imagine if he actually was president for 3 terms if that were possible?
10. the theater was inundated with underdeveloped testosterone (constant yelling and chanting at the screen making it extremely difficult to hear the film... ignorant jerks!!)