Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Friday, December 12, 2008
Yes I went there.
So the A-list celeb on Wall St, Bernard Madoff, was arrested yesterday for conjuring up one of the biggest frauds in history. This guy racked in $50 BILLION in fraudulent investments.Madoff can face up to 20 years if convicted. This case has been defined as a Ponzi Scheme. I wasn't familiar with the term so I did some research and found out that it is a swindle operation that involves promising or paying ridiculously high profits to investors out of the money paid in by subsequent investors, rather than from net revenues generated by any real business. The profit is high and short term with the intent of bringing in a flow of new investors. The money must continue coming in for the scheme to be a success though as the investor count increases, the faster the scheme collapses.
We saw it coming though.
PS- RIP Bettie Page
Thursday, December 11, 2008
You and your
are being pimped and infected
by these gonorrheic gasoline
premium diesel or regular
they all rancid and recycled
yet people still
line up like unemployment
lookin’ for a blow or hand job
damn you enjoy riskin’ your
all for a car?
I thought I was writin’ this
But this epidemic is serious
As an advocate for protection
America,invest in some foot, bicycle, or MTA contraception
Inspiration: Brian DiNonno's "Slave to the Grave"
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
I could nike dunk myself in the face for discovering this ill album almost 2 MONTHS after the fact!
Monday, December 8, 2008
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Saturday, December 6, 2008
So here's the Fly 5 for ya mind 1 time!!!
1. Aunt Jemima's Revenge: My muse in the blogosphere. Prof. Tracey is blunt, educated, and witty with the political, racial, and social happenings. My mind packs on the pounds of useful info on a daily!
2. Stuff Fly People Like: My Online Mag covering fashion, music, art, and culture. These dudes have a constant follower. So keep doin' what you do!!!
3. Universoul Productions Weblog: Audio Utopia. The musical downloads and entries are RIDICULOUS!!! Any genre, hip-hop, reggae, brazilian, underground, unreleased, etc... DOPENESS!!! Even though the site has been facing difficulties since September (tears), the older entries are still worth checking out for the visual and audio stimulation
4. The Urban Gent: Why this gem wasn't dug up sooner, I cannot even provide you with an answer. However, this is the illest fashion site thus far and the genious behind it is a lady!
Thursday, December 4, 2008
I haven't posted a video in a good while so please watch... if it offends you don't go off on me I'm just the messenger not the mastermind behind it's cleverly cynical concept lol
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Posted by Eye D. VS Mel O. at 10:40 AM
Monday, December 1, 2008
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
Friday, November 14, 2008
(Yes please let's undergo the this long awaited/needed renovation!)
3. His Senate desk once belonged to RFK
(This goes to show that the 2 dopest politicians are 1 in the same)
4. Despises the saggin pants epidemic
(Listen up fella and ladies!)
5. DUDE IS LEFT HANDED!!! (I mean what else is there to say?!)
Top 50 Obama Facts
Obama and the Spiderman Method
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Posted by Eye D. VS Mel O. at 6:27 PM
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Posted by Eye D. VS Mel O. at 2:57 PM
MY FIRST TIME VOTING IN A PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION AND MY PRESIDENT IS A MAN OF COLOR (REGARDLESS OF THE FACT THAT HE IS BI-RACIAL) ... ABOUT DAMN TIME!
MALCOLM, MLK, RFK, JFK, AND ALL THE TRUE MAVERICKS WHETHER BEING POLITICAL LEADERS OR JUST THE COMMON HARDWORKING FOLK WHO HAVE FOUGHT TIRELESSLY FOR THIS DIRE CHANGE WILL BE ECSTATIC KNOWING THE ABUSE, THE PROTESTS, AND THE AGONIZINGLY DRAINING WAIT WERE NOT IN VAIN.
FINALLY BENJAMIN BANNEKER'S ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN IS BENEFITING US ON HIGHER LEVEL
TRUST US AMERICA WE GOT THIS!!!
PS- THANK GOD PALIN'S 15 MINS ARE UP!!! AND WHERE JOE THE PLUMBER AT?
Posted by Eye D. VS Mel O. at 12:12 AM
Thursday, October 30, 2008
3. But on a serious note... what is happening to our children for them to even have this kind of mindset?!
4. Parents... what is going through your mind that your son can even muster up the balls to have this nonsense escape his uneducated mouth?
Yes shoutout to the slave master without him we would not have been experiencing hundreds of years of brutal and undeserved racism all due to his quest of imperialism by any means necessary
... what the hell was I thinking not shouting him out before
Posted by Eye D. VS Mel O. at 6:26 PM
so mick boogie and terry urban and other ill producers went to the lab and concocted this ridiculously ill mixtape...
"Viva La Hova"
Jigga and Coldplay= Dopeness!!!
(i usually do not post new music entries because this is what hip-hop blogs are for. however, this particular mixtape is too dope to not be mentioned.)
much respect to frank 151 for having the album available to download
give it a listen here
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
PS- I tried my hardest to find the Lexaco commercial but to no avail... forgive me
Posted by Eye D. VS Mel O. at 12:47 AM
Monday, October 27, 2008
Friday, October 24, 2008
This shirt is so freakin' ill!!! I know the print is microscopic to some people, but it's tackling national issues such as oil, hypertension, financial corruption, lies, gun control as well as a host of other issues that have all be on our minds and have been greatly affect by. and what better way to address these issues by playing a friendly game of "Operation". This shirt will be on my back in the next two weeks
Shouts to Staple for the dope creation and Digital Gravel for selling the ill shirt
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Habla Castro! Habla!
Courtesy of The Afro
Monday, October 20, 2008
"His little willy moves". That's what she said, not me.
So my homegirl and I were watching The Soup last weekend and they had a segment in which they showcased what the babies are into these days.
Joel McHale warned us this was an actual commercial but we were not expecting to see penis all up and through the screen! I don't care if it was a doll, that was a bit too real for me!
Now I have seen the commercials in the past where doll babies have the ability to potty...
but that was innocent make believe!!!
I can't even imagine watching this commercial as a kid let alone adult or with some children and not be disturbed for the both of us.
And yet, I can't help but find droplets of humor for how crude it is to air this on a kid's station and how a pervert probably got caught off guard, excited and camera ready to record 21 seconds of a disturbing toy advertisement.
Sunday, October 19, 2008
1st clip: Finally Palin stops through to the SNL set.
2nd clip: 3rd debate. Joe the Plumber should be proud
3rd clip: 2nd debate. emphasis on time, "that one", and McCain wandering around the stage
all are pretty funny so check em out
Friday, October 17, 2008
So let me get this straight right quick. Obama being placed on a food stamp bill rather than US currency surrounded by a slab of ribs, a bucket of chicken, watermelon, and Kool-Aid does not have any negative connotation? What the hell is my problem then?!
Click on the photo to read the article
PS- Shouts to Professor Tracey for posting the photo on her blog
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Sending Black People To Fight
Yellow People to Protect The Country
They Stole From The Red People".
So I take it that the bailout is about RICH white people covering other RICH white people's asses, further ignoring the issues affecting poor white, black, brown, yellow, red, and tan people who are forced to deal with these green ("rich white miser") people?
... Just a thought
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Being a self proclaimed ethnomusicologist is not easy. There is so much music out there that I find it quite hard to keep up and be up to date with the dope ish that's out. So I was in Boston this weekend visiting my homie Rachel and she took me to this underground hip store to check it out. I didn't have much money but hey I was going to buy something. I was undergoing melodic withdraw and needed a fix fast. After failed attempts at finding cheap ill mixtapes that were under $10 but sold out, I typed in jazz and came across this ILL ALBUM BY THE JAZZ LIBERATORZ called Clin D'OEIL
it was kinda funny because while I was previewing the album on the computer, it was playing in the store. I was already thinking before I came across the album on my own that whatever was playing was so ill. I kept thinkin', "yo what is that dope album bumpin on the speakers and is it in stock?"
so check it these 3 ill cats from Paris are the masterminds behind the music. they collaborated with american mcs and singers such as buckshot, j live, and asheru and a host of others creating this mmm scrumptious plate of music combining hip hop, jazz, and soul.
i get on the computer immediately to educate myself on the group and found out that this album dropped in January 2008. Why no one bought this for me as a birthday gift considering that I was born in this month I don't know. However, I discovered it now and wear it out like a bad ass kid's behind
This past Thursday my friend Netty and I went to LAGCC (LaGaurdia Community College) to check out Danny Hoch's new theatrical piece, "Taking Over". My head had reached unseen heights of stuffiness not to mention my body refused to let out that large sneeze needed to relieve me of my discomfort. This inconvenient cold was not and was not going to discourage me from seeing this new play before it officially hits the stage.
MY SICK BEHIND WAS NOT MISSING THIS PLAY!!!
So the play tackled the ever brewing topic of gentrification from the racial, social, and economic perspective. Danny Hoch put on a dope performance portraying a variety of characters more so real life people who are affected by the changes in their Williamsburg, BK community.
Get this- dude played a Polish/Boricua college student, 60 something yr old black woman, young brotha who had just been released from prison, a well to do French real estate agent, a Jewish sheisty businessman, a 20 something mid west liberal white girl, a dominican cab disbatcher, and a militant rapper. He definitely portrayed these people to a T enabling us to gain same insight on this issue not only happening in Williamsburg but all across the country!
This is one of those topics I am most passionate about. I am an advocate for change in a community but if that change results in displacement of the lifelong residents, then that change needs to be revised- real talk. Also when gentrification is in its early stages it is imperative that residents, community activists, city officials, as well as the business people come together to reach a compromise in an organized and assertive fashion so that everyone is reaping the positive ripple effects of gentrification.
And that's all I got to say (Trust- I got words for days but that spoils the future poem I want to post on here)
Those in the NYC AREA DEFINITELY CHECK OUT "TAKING OVER"
Monday, October 6, 2008
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Kidnapping, Armed Robbery, Assault Charges, and Being Found Guilty all for some sports memorabilia?!?!?
Was it really that serious?!
Bless Ms. Durio's (O.J.'s sister) heart. He made the poor woman faint as he was being taken away.
Some say karma is a MF but that's in the mind of the beholder
...then again this is the same MF who published a book entitled, If I Did It
Friday, October 3, 2008
This debate grabbed my attention much more than the Presidential debate. I am not going to delve into this debate in a shallow demeanor because I want to show a much more serious side to the perception i had of it. Sure, Palin's winking, OD use of the word "maverick", and shoutouts were obnoxious, but I'm putting that aside for a moment. Topics were brought up that made me think, FINALLY we are discussing the issues that I want to hear. However, some were not touched upon to my liking and some issues were not brought up at all, so here are the issues I am passionate about:
1. The Environmental Crisis- So Palin "thinks" that man has partially contributed to the crisis. Biden is confident man is responsible for it. Wherever did he get this idea from?lol We are fully aware that alternative solutions must be thought out completely and implemented asap in order to lessen this crisis, but when will this occur? We need to understand that this is a GLOBAL NOT NATIONAL ISSUE, so this means that world leaders need to come together and tackle this issue and develop a strategy to fix the problem.
By the way... WTF IS AL GORE? (The OG of Energy Conservation and GREEN Advocacy)
2. Healthcare- It needs to be either free or extremely affordable and equal for EVERYONE, employed or unemployed. This is health we are talking about and it's absurd that millions of people in this country are not insured and are negatively reaping the consequences when this can be prevented. The Democratic candidates plan to mandate health insurance making it universal and a government ran program. The GOP plans to issue a $5,000 tax credit for families and $2,500 for individuals enabling families to use the money they receive to purchase their own insurance, no government interference.
3. Education- Most Children Left Behind. The plan simply has no effect in our schools. Test Scores are still low, even though I despise tests being one of the sole means to measuring a child's intelligence and fate in society. Not to mention the achievement gap and hole in the ozone layer have a little something in common. This critical topic has not been touched upon to my liking. We are fully aware that NCLB is unsuccessful and that it needs to be expanded as Palin mentioned, but where is the HOW factor? It is imperative that textbooks and technology be updated and used effectively by well qualified/ experienced educators. Foreign language needs to an important class along with math, science, and language arts starting in elementary school (Why do most American only know American English and its many jargons?). I know this is random but the HELL happened to geography class?!?!? I can go on and on and on and on about the state of education and how we need to save the babies, but not right now.
4. War in Iraq- Much respect to the troops because no way will I go to the battlefield over something that doesn't need a war to begin with. With that being said, of course we can not magically exit the war however it can't continue. Compromises need to be reached in the Middle East so that both sides can quit the fighting and tackle the more important issues pertaining to their land politically economically and socially.
5. War on Drugs- This war needs to be declared in America RIGHT NOW, being isolationists to it has got to stop
6. Same Sex Marriage- Both parties are not for it. I can easily say this does not affect me whatsoever being a heterosexual, but this affects my friends who are.
7. Child Pornography- This is so sickening to me that adults who are perceived as being protective over children can act in this way, especially men in the cloth. I don't know how this issue can be handled politically as of right now so get back to me on this one
8. College- The cost is astronomical. It needs to be free or ridiculously affordable for EVERYONE, YOUNG OR OLD. We are all entitled to pursue a higher education. I know many people are not cut out for college, but many of us are but do not live in the means to afford to go.
PS- Cheney is the most dangerous VP we ever had... Shouts to Biden
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Shouts to Lichiban and Yah for making this dope event possible. I definitely will stop through.
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Stephen Colbert and Peter Parker will collaborate on this upcoming issue of the Amazing Spider-Man #573. What to expect? Who knows?!?!?!?!?!
Shouts to Current for the article.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO
Posted by Eye D. VS Mel O. at 10:55 PM
Sunday, September 28, 2008
City officials have given the okay for the historical building to be sold for 5 million dollars to a high profile investment group headed by Mark Karasick. Even though residents and advocates for keeping the apartment complex out of the hands of big investment companies proposed a 10 million dollar petition, it was not approved by city officials. This is pretty upsetting because over a 100 families are at risk for being displaced once the new changes take place. Not to mention who knows the fate of this historical building now that is no longer in the hands of the people.
It would have been nice to atleast see it transformed into a museum if it was going to be sold or damn remain a home to 100s of people, but that's business for you.
click here to read the article
So this weekend my friend Netty and I went to the Skirball Center for Performing Arts at NYU to check out this Performance entitled the Break/s written, directed, and starring Marc Bamuthi Joseph. (the flyer in the previous post is what I attended)
The show was pretty dope simply because it was a narrative, spoken word performance, and interpretive dance all in one when recollecting his experiences in Paris, Japan, Haiti, Bosnia, Wisconsin, San Francisco, Senegal, Cuba, and New York. Throughout his travels, Joseph speaks on his search for identity as a black man, educator, lover, and person in general. He definitely had the crowd on the edge of the crimson red seats because you did not what to expect this dude by the approach he used when telling his narratives and his unique incorporation of dance of spoken word that also told a thought provoking story.
It is said that The Break/s is a "live mixtape on stage" and this is the best way to describe it.
Here are some photos from my night:
PS... From Sept. 23- Oct. 11 is the Hip Hop Theater Festival in which plays, performances, exhibits, and open mics will be taking place all throughout NYC. Anyone in the area who may be interested in partaking in the festivities may need to hit this up.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO