Saturday, March 7, 2009

Watch Men Be A-holes at the Movies

(photo via Evan Shaner)
Honestly the movie was not as bad as the ignorant inconsiderate crowd was making it out to be. But with any movie, I have to watch this again without a doubt in the comfort and silence of my own crib to fully appreciate it. Even though I didn't read the novel, I knew the premise of the story plus my homie read it and wanted to check it out.


Here's a look back on last night's experience:

1. There's a reason why I rarely go to the movies let alone go on opening weekend: PEOPLE DON'T KNOW HOW TO ACT!!!

2. I was ready to become very un-Mel O. towards all the loud mouths who felt it necessary to point out Mr. Manhattan being naked! Obviously they didn't read the novel b/c they would have known this already!

3. I'm still laughing at my friend who found the comedian's uber masculinity "sexy"

4. THOSE WERE THE DOPEST OPENING CREDITS I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!

5. I will admit, the last 20 mins were pretty pointless. I was ready to leave once Rorschach died.

6. My friend and I pointed out that though the film stuck to most of the book's plot, the movie tried to cater to everyone through the violence, deep message, and sex which was a bit much to grasp

7. I had to change my seat b/c I was sitting next to 2 racist pricks who were making so many ignorant comments about black people but why be mad at them? My friend and I were doing the same thing to an extent.

8. Is it just me or does that movie with Seth Rogen look like a knock off Paul Blart?

9. Richard Nixon's nose was AWFUL... but seriously could you imagine if he actually was president for 3 terms if that were possible?

10. the theater was inundated with underdeveloped testosterone (constant yelling and chanting at the screen making it extremely difficult to hear the film... ignorant jerks!!)

2 word droppings:

Unknown said...

movie was excellant.

Citizen Ojo said...

Best time to see films - early saturday morning. That way you don't have to deal with all the foolishness. I posted a review on it. Yeah the opening credits and the first fight scene were great.