What's going on bloggers and viewers...
As some you probably noticed I took a sabbatical from Inner City Truths but I am back finally.
Most sincerest apologies for not posting this sooner but I have taken the time out to share with everyone my life changing experience out the the country
FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME (NOT ONLY OUT OF THE USA BUT ON A PLANE!!!)
- adapted to using only cold water from buckets and showers (not that bad)
- planted coco plants in the mountains of Campo Uno (rural section)
- built letrines
- painted a mural for an adult school with the people I went with as well as those who attended the school
- tore up some sugarcane!
- learned about the revolution during the 70s and 80s and how it impacted EVERYONE to this day
- fell in love with Eskimo ice cream (Ice cream sucks here now!)
- discovered the KFC of Nicaragua (Tip Top is the best!)
- Swam in an old volcano (I really cannot swim so rather I enjoyed the warm water)
- got eaten alive by every insect known to man
- fell in love with gallopinto (Nicaraguan Rice and Beans)
- was referred to as "morena" the entire trip
- realized that Rojito are disgusting (red soda... literally not strawberry, cherry, or fruit punch... RED)
- danced my ASS off !!!
- never spoke so much Spanish in my life
- made so many new friends (mostly the young boys and guys surprisingly lol)
- learned that the most English they knew was the lyrics to the "titanic" theme song
- did not miss cable, internet, hot water, or cell phones one bit
- never had so much plantains, rice, beans, fanta, tang, and mango/guava anything in all my life
- saw the most beautiful murals EVER
- went to three cities: Managua, Siuna, and Estelli
- slept on HARD bunk beds with nets in a room with about 15 people and loved it
- stayed with a sweetheart named Modesta who knew NO ENGLISH but we made it work
PS- please check out the rest of my pics here